Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Silver tape in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

Evening all , just enquireing as to what is the cheapest /most reasonably priced silver tape to go round copper pipes going into channel in wall , duct or duck tape seems quite expensive for the job .
Cheers Mark

that is because the both tapes u mention are wrong, try denso tape, its the only thing that will prevent the Cu rotting out or you could use plastic coated pipe designed to be buried in walls and screed, but you have to pay to do the job right

Hi lame plumber , i took a stab at the tapes , the reason i wanted to know about the silver tape is that i saw a heating engineer putting pipes in wall with said silver tape and i am caurious to know what this tape is , he had disappeared before i could ask .
Do you have any idea ! have used denso tape in the past ( yuk) but if needs must .
Cheers Mark

forgot it was plaster :), I always use plastic coated tube in plaster, cant be faffing around with tape.

I pulled some copper out of a wall today, wrapped with insulation tape, 15mm copper, full of corrosion and holes, just proved to me to do it right first time if you want it to last

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot it was plaster :), I always use plastic coated tube in plaster, cant be faffing around with tape.

I pulled some copper out of a wall today, wrapped with insulation tape, 15mm copper, full of corrosion and holes, just proved to me to do it right first time if you want it to last

if the 2 inch pvc tape is used no issues its when the chepo normal stuff is put on theres issues

double wrap of pvc or sillicone tape should be fine, put inside some stichfelt if movement/expansion may cause an issue.

silver foil is used on plastic as mentioned to enable detection by scanners, but the adhesive of the silver foil should not make contact with the plastic pipe unless the pipe manufacturer agrees the tapes adhesive can not have a chemical reaction with the pipe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silver tape in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock