Discuss Single story oil fired central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keysersoze

Hi all,first time poster
im looking at putting a two pipe system in,it's a single story with 7 rads and a towel rail
i have a few questions
1. can I lay the primary flow and return in the attic 22mm,then tee off in 15mm to each rad
using the last rad to complete the loop
2. How do I zone it so I can just heat the cylinder
3. I am putting a pump in to supply the shower only what is the best flange to use
thanks in advance
keyser

You employing some one else to install oil boiler?

I would simply fit an unvented cylinder then u don't need any pump or flanges.

No rads don't come off primaries. Rads are off of heating flow and return.

Attic is fine for heating 22mm main leg. Come off in 15mm run 22mm on a 2% gradient to one end of roof space. Install auto air vents on 500mm of vertical 15mm on high ends to keep air out.

S plan is your best bet for control .

Hi thanks for your reply,there is an existing one pipe system but it's not working and never really worked,there is a grant 50/90 boiler outside,would love to fit an unvented cylinder but the budget won't stretch,I'm not great with the terminology as regards the pipe layout sorry,I plan to put a new twin coil indirect cylinder with a pump to supply the shower,run the heating flow and return into the attic then tapping of in 15 mm to feed the rads,as regards the auto air vents are they fitted after the take off in the attic and are they fitted on the flow and return going to the rads,I mostly refurb bathrooms,doing this for my father in law.The heating will be unvented,is there any diagrams that I could look at just to get my head around it,Could you explain "S plan is your best bet for control"
Thanks again ermintrude

edupabyd.jpg
duqypuqa.jpg

Hope these help?

By the time you have purchased a twin coiled cylinder and a pump it will be cheaper to get a unvented cylinder.

Thanks ermintrude you are very kind to go to the trouble for me,
I will look at the diagrams and get a handle on it.
thanks again
keyser

but you not being qualified in unvented installs, shouldnt touch an unvented cyl, for everyones sake/safety

but you not being qualified in unvented installs, shouldnt touch an unvented cyl, for everyones sake/safety

I also hope he will be getting oftec fitter to recomossion and service boiler when it's finished. Could run pipework and wires and get g3 installer to do cylinder install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Single story oil fired central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All I have a single pipe central heating system which was extended 20 years ago when we had an extension. The heating upstairs has never been...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock