Discuss Sink mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just installed a mixer tap that the customer purchased on eBay and, as can be seen from the photo, the cold is off when the lever is in the vertical position and not when horizontal as it should be. Does anyone know if this easy to fix or is a replacement part needed?

Attachments

• 1459238856649-1816865069.jpg
    1459238856649-1816865069.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 33
Update: I've taken the head off of the tap and turned it 90 degrees so that it is off when the head is horizontal. The tap is now on when turned in a downwards motion whereas the hot is on when turned upwards. I presume this is correct?

please put a tick in the remember me box by the login at the top thanks. the two valves should work the in the same direction i.e. turn up to start, so I would sat that one of the valves in incorrect for the tap

please put a tick in the remember me box by the login at the top thanks. the two valves should work the in the same direction i.e. turn up to start, so I would sat that one of the valves in incorrect for the tap

As above, looks like when it was made the same valves were used on both sides when they should actually differ between left and right so when positioned in the tap they both turn the same way to operate the tap.

Thanks steveb and Plumbstar Tom. That was my initial thought as the customer (or anyone for using the tap for that matter) is going to assume that both turn in the same direction. I'll ask the customer to get onto the seller.

Please log back in or we'll have to close the thread as you're coming up as an unregistered account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back