Search the forum,

Discuss sink waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

can i buy a rod for moving the plug up and down on a pop up stopper on its own or do i need to buy the whole thing ? , i mean the rod with the ball swivel fitting thing that conects from the stopper to the rod for moving the plug up and down , if so were can i get one ta .

Much to my surprise I see you can buy them! Try Googling "Replacement Basin Pop Up Waste Arm Rod"
Eg: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-...t-Basin/dp/B07R1KWBCL/ref=asc_df_B07R1KWBCL/?
I had assumed that the size of the 'ball' would be different between brands, but maybe that's not the case?

OP: if you know the manufacturer of the waste you may find they sell the rod, or set of rods, as a spare part. I see some do.
Otherwise may be easier to replace the whole waste assembly.

Last edited:
Just because someone sells a ‘thing’ , doesn’t mean it’ll solve the problem!
They do differ between manufacturers; some are metal/plastic/nylon, some come with a nylon female cup etc etc.
It may work, and hopefully it does - but no guarantees.

Reply to sink waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock