Discuss sink waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

can i buy a rod for moving the plug up and down on a pop up stopper on its own or do i need to buy the whole thing ? , i mean the rod with the ball swivel fitting thing that conects from the stopper to the rod for moving the plug up and down , if so were can i get one ta .

Much to my surprise I see you can buy them! Try Googling "Replacement Basin Pop Up Waste Arm Rod"
Eg: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-...t-Basin/dp/B07R1KWBCL/ref=asc_df_B07R1KWBCL/?
I had assumed that the size of the 'ball' would be different between brands, but maybe that's not the case?

OP: if you know the manufacturer of the waste you may find they sell the rod, or set of rods, as a spare part. I see some do.
Otherwise may be easier to replace the whole waste assembly.

Last edited:
Just because someone sells a ‘thing’ , doesn’t mean it’ll solve the problem!
They do differ between manufacturers; some are metal/plastic/nylon, some come with a nylon female cup etc etc.
It may work, and hopefully it does - but no guarantees.

Reply to sink waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I have a Spring Operated Pop-up Basin Plug (not the rod type) It moves up and down freely but it won't stay down so I can only use the...
Replies
Views
I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
HI, I'd very much appreciate advice on what I can do with this . . . The wash basin in the bathroom has a plug which sits on a piece which is...
Replies
Views
Back