Search the forum,

Discuss Size of inserts for kitchen mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

A customer has a kitchen mixer tap, quarter turn tap and need the innards replacing. I've bough both 1/2" and 3/4" and both don't fit. What's going on? It the same for another customer in have. Are these taps a direct size or are the glands I've bought cheap rubbish

help appreciated

There are thousands of different quarter turn innards out there

Best bet is to find the tap manfacture and get them from there, if it is a branded tap then it might still be in warranty :)

There are thousands of different quarter turn innards out there

Best bet is to find the tap manfacture and get them from there, if it is a branded tap then it might still be in warranty :)
It's not the length of the cartridge or anything like that, that doesn't fit.

its the size of the hole in the tap with the thread (technical term). As said, I've bought 1/2" and 3/4" replacements but 1/2" is too small, 3/4" is too big

I would of thought they were pretty standard thread sizes

You need to count the number of teeth on the spline as they differ in number

Sorry mate, it's got both thing to do with the hand for the tap, it's the hole that is in the main body that the cartridge goes into

not unless you mean that the number of splines does have an impact on the overall size of the cartridge! I thought that was to do with it fitting the handle

Plumbfix sell a tap reviver kit which contains 2no levers,2no 1/4 turn cartridges and 2no reducing bushes.These are the bushes you need size is in between 1/2 and 3/4 the complete kit is about £12 hope this helps..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Size of inserts for kitchen mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock