Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Slightly too narrow radiator... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doobs Too

...sort of. What's actually happened is I've fitted a TRV to a rad in my house. However the (sorry for lack of technical terms) connection from the valve to the rad is shorter than that which came off.

I managed to get the two vertical pipes onto the rad with the shorter 'bit' but the vertical pipes are now at a bit of an angle. This is leading to a small but persistant leak from the lock shield / rad connection.

I'd rather not have to lift all of the wooden floor to make the two vertical pipes either side of the rad 30mm or so closer together. So is there a work around, ie a small extension I can fit between the rad and valve, or even better an adjustable / telescopic connection. I've search on line retailers but not found anything, I suspect that if they exist they have a name I don't know.

NB the pipes to the rad are vertical and come up from the floor which is a suspended wooden floor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

yes, there are if you look on the toolstation website you can get them there or a good plumbers merchants. They come in different sizes and I'm sure you can get telescopic ones as well:):)

As secret squirrel says,you can get extentions,no proplem,but try to stay away from the telescopic type,they turn into extansion joint and often start to leak after a while

Thanks Gents,

I've got one now, looks easy enough to fit.

Alastair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slightly too narrow radiator... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of a kitchen extension - old kitchen was a smaller extension which was demolished and building a new one. Trying to work...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016...
Replies
Views
Hi, the other day I had a plumber over to fit a new TRV to a radiator on the ground floor. During the process I noticed the pipe connecting the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock