Search the forum,

Discuss Slow WC Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a WC draining through a horizontal soil pipe (about 10 ft with 1" fall can't get any greater than this due to shallow floor joists) this then exits into a vertical stack. There are no blockages and air is entering stack. My problem is a that the WC fills almost to the rim before starting to drain slowly and has little 'draw'. I'm assuming this may be due to insufficient fall on the horizontal soil pipe...is there anything I can do other than increase this? An AAV perhaps?

Any advice much appreciated!
Thanks...Northers

Hi. If its not blocked and the venting is ok and the situation allows? Try drilling the soil to within 250 mm of pan, fitting a 2" strap on boss and a piece of pipe. Flush the pan and monitor results. If ok you will have the choice of vent or an AAV. Good Luck

Hi Dont go there. More trouble than there worth. Apart from blocking they will keep you awake, with the noise they transmit.

Funny enough there was a post the other day about what may help you out and that is fit a syphonic w/c, gives you extra force at out let

Or can not you lift w/c slightly maybe

As said stay away from macerators of you can,they have there place but not forst or second choice

Just checked and the only place I can see that supplies syphonic w/c's is direct from china china?

I know double trap can not be used due to ammount of water used but can you still get them ? must admit I have not seen new for years

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow WC Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock