Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Sludge in radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Some of the radiators in my home are hot on top and cold at the bottom suggesting a buildup of sludge, while some radiators work perfectly fine. If it is a sludge problem shouldn't it affect all radiators? What else could the priblom be other than sludge buildup?

And in case it is sludge, since the radiators are really old, if I were to replace them with new radiators would it solve the problem or would I still need a powerflush?

Thanks!

Take them off and wash them out with a hose if it turns you on for a saturday shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sludge in radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock