Discuss Small toilet solutions? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to install a shower and toilet in a pretty small space. I Its a rectangular space with the door on one of the shorter sides of the rectangle. I'd like to have the loo first as you come in the door and the shower at the end and therefore need to find a very small loo. I had a couple of theoretical thoughts.
A. Find a flat cistern that could fit in the lowered ceiling and find a compatible small pan.
B. Find a small mains operated pan

Any thoughts on that or alternative ideas?

Thanks

I put a toilet in a 0.85m x 0.85m former under stair larder once, couldn't find a toilet system small enough so sited the cistern in the adjacent cupboard and routed the pipework through the outside wall and back in to the larder/WC. The pan was about 0.55m projecting from the rear wall leaving just enough leg room to sit down and shut the door.

Pretty dam tight this one roper Rhodes compact pan

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_173641.jpg
    IMG_20201031_173641.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 10
It depends how small a small space is.
Micro bathrooms reach a point where they become impractical / unpleasant to use and there's no storage for bits - toilet roll / brush etc. You'll want some kind of heating if it's a shower room and also ventilation for either.
Sounds like you'll have to either squeeze past the pan to get to the shower or walk through the wet shower to get to the pan. Might be better to have a well planned, comfortable wc or shower in the proposed area and put a shower or wc elsewhere.
I recently did for a family member a 760 x 2760 containing shower tray and bifold door, 400w panel heater, cloakroom vanity and basin, heated mirror cabinet, downflow pullcord heater, wc pan (Armitage space) and ventilation. The door was on the longer side rather than as you have the short side. I am 6 foot and could probably use it OK for occasional but couldn't live with it.
If you want to go ahead, find the main drain because that really dictates what goes where.

Reply to Small toilet solutions? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock