Discuss Soil Stack drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drains

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me out with this one. My soil stack has recently developed a dripping noise that is getting worse as time goes on. Its a PVC stack, the weird bit is that the dripping noise is located at the top of the stack in the loft. The pipe in the loft is dry, and there doesnt appear to be any signs of damp or water damage anywhere in the house. I've had a look online at some of the FAQs for this. I dont think it is the pipe expanding against the building as hot or cold water make little difference to the drip, and the drip becomes much more frequent with the amount of water flowing down the stack. The stack is vertical until after the 1st floor bathroom which should discount any possibility of condensation as i understand it. Any suggestions would be great as i am beginning to really worry about the amount of water that sounds like escaping.

Thanks again

hi there could be a partial obstruction where one of the connections is which is slowly letting water past a drip at a time faster flow of drips=use of that outlet. can be heard in the loft because the end is open.

haha Thanks Steve! Hampshire is a bit of a trek, your fuel bill would probably be more then the job! (at least I hope so!). Could I try running some chemicals down the system to try and unblock it?

oops never read whole post sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
My old house developed a annoying drip. Turned out that in heavy rain and strong winds, rainwater was getting into the stack where it terminated outside at the roof. A new vent cap over the pipe sorted it.

Probably expansion / contraction noise. It may be touching against a piece of wood in the pipe box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Stack drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock