Discuss Soil Stack problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

taylo63

Hi All
Looking for a bit of advice....The soil stack at the rear of my house has a large concrete covering where it meets the ground level. The problem is that it is cracked and leaks a bit. The house was built in the 1930's and still has the original cast pipe. Do you think this is a previous repair ? and what would you do about it..ie replace or repair.

Photo attached

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00274.jpg
    DSC00274.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 58
I would investigate why it's leaking and make sure that there isn't a blockage first

Get a good plumber round to investigate further and give a quote for the repair

Try posting in "looking for a plumber"

chances are the cast has rotted away inside the concrete block first thing is to remove the block to see whats there its not a massive job for a plumber depending on where you are between 250 and 350 provided there isnt a hidden branch under it

chances are the cast has rotted away inside the concrete block first thing is to remove the block to see whats there its not a massive job for a plumber depending on where you are between 250 and 350 provided there isnt a hidden branch under it

Thanks for the reply...I guessed that was the problem..I was thinking of removing the concrete myself but am a bit nervous in case I break the pipe completely!.

How would you go about it? I certainly wouldn't go at it with a sledgehammer, maybe use angle grinder or drill lots of holes to gradually break it up?

Probably a cracked salt glaze collar behind all that cement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Stack problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock