Search the forum,

Discuss Solder Explosion! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HTG-Apprentice

Evening chaps, Just a quick story from today!

So set the scene..me and the guvner are sweating a 108 to 54mm reducer (commercial tower block)
and weve got it outside, the boy (yours truly) if using the blow lamp to heat about a tonne of solder
out of this joint while the guv is smoking a roll up when disaster strikes,

A rain drop drops from the guttering and hits the red hot solder, the solder pops and bangs
stucking tiny bits of solder everywhere, right up in my face and all over the work wear,

after a little 5 seconds of wtf moment and regaining my composure, i carry on.
bit of a random one but just take it easy lads and old solder cracks and bangs if cold
water gets on it, you guys have probably done this a million times but it scared the life
out of me!

Take it easy...:smilewinkgrin:

On the mouth is nice! Always have mouth open when solder can splash. Thankfully u were wearing correct Ppe and your eyes ect were ok!

I was burning a 2 inch nut off of a seized axle from one of the big volvo dump trucks.

bing the tit i am i had a bucket of water incase i got burned.
Then the nut head fell into that and blew into a million pieces.

While getting the bits picked out of my legs and arms i decided solder isn't so bad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solder Explosion! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock