Discuss Soldering frozen pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hello friends

Easter greetings.

My question is this, if you freeze a pipe can you solder say for instance a coupler and another piece I'd copper while its frozen?
Many issues doing this other than the ice melting?

thanks

Rocket

If you are a Metre away all well & good, closer than 500mm are you going to take the chance ????
Are your "many issues" big, Rocket ???

Cheers, so better if poss to but try it? Ok to do compressions etc. but maybe not soldering.

thanks

soldering frozen pipes gets your skills up to scratch rather quickly lol

just get everything together before freezing the pipe so it all goes smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha ive soldered withing 75mm of the iceblock and once i soldered within 10secs the block cracked, however my joint was fine and tested :)

Ive froze a primary to cylinder and where i cut into the pipe i was 50% where the ice block was lol speedfit cap end was at hand and awaiting disaster. Had to junior hacksaw the ice block and put a compression on, was exciting as i could see the ice block melting ;)
All fun!

Does fortune favour the brave?

Only for the ones posting here.....

I froze a pipe and then cut the wrong one! forgot they crossed over in the cupboard, doh! thank all the gods for speedfit end caps...... and being in the garage.

I put an iso valve in makes life easy although less exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soldering frozen pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock