Discuss solve my dispute! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pabs

Just a quick one to solve a dispute.

How far should an overflow for a toilet cistern protrude from an external wall?

Thank you please :)

There is no set measurment for this, but i would say 75mm to 100mm is about average

The answers above are what we do BUT why is there a dispute ? In order to give the right info on this forum all the info is needed.

centralheatking

Thanks for the feedback chaps.

Basically a customer of mine has had a leaking overflow from his loo for sometime. Now the cold weather has set in, the drip has formed massive icicles on the window sill that belongs to the flat below him.

The guy below him is threatening action as he said his window has split due to the water ingress and ice formation (which I reckon is probably true).

I`m just wondering if there is a Reg stating external overflows should protrude `x` amount from a wall to ensure water does not drip on to neighbouring properties?

The drip is now fixed, and just trying to help him out a bit.

:)

Right - whoever installed a w/c or any sort of overflow above a window/door which is the property owners or not has made a mistake. Legally the 'guy' below has every right to sue. Its not about how far out the overflow should protrude but care and consideration for others and their property. It should have been routed away. I would eat humble pie and repair the damage if it was reasonable.

centralheatking

its called a warning pipe for a reason,your cheapskate neighbour should have got his ball valve repaired

I seem to remember 6" certainly at high level and it was good practice to tweak the end to stop water running back along pipe to soak the wall. Many medium rise flats/building suffer with the water from overflow /warning pipes being blown against the wall of the building. in so cases for months with out repair being carried out. It would be an interesting debate as to whether the overflow / warning pipe discharging is the sole duty of tenant or those it is effecting to bring it to the attention of the tenant. Or is there a market in fitting wing mirrors on such properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solve my dispute! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock