Discuss Sometimes I wonder about myself. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Making alterations to a fair sized system at the moment and got the pipework finished bar the cold feed yesterday. Before running the cold feed I wanted to air test the whole system as the place is too big for me to go running around looking for leaks and wanted to re fix the boards with the system full of air. As it's a bog old system I took my compressor with me today.

Fitted the test gauge onto the stub for the AAV and connected the air line. The pressure just wouldn't rise. I was hunting for leaks when I noticed that I hadn't capped off the cold feed. There was a 28mm open end just sitting there. No wonder the system wouldn't pressurise. Slung a cap on and the pressure went up straight away. Couldn't believe I was sitting under the open end and didn't twig why the pressure wasn't rising.

A couple of tweaks on compression nuts and the pressure held for well over an hour. Made for a much more leisurely fill up with no rushing around looking for leaks.

God job you tested it mike! 28mm open ends can make a lot of mess very quickly!

To be fair at least u check mate. difficult to check everything when your runnin g around like a blue ars** fly.. If that and a few compressions were the only issues then superb - go grab yourself a few bevvys and chill for the evening. sometimes the biggest things just stare us in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sometimes I wonder about myself. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock