Discuss Sooting-up of photocell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ambriel

We had a new Grant Vortex Pro 26e boiler (external) installed just before Christmas after the water jacket in our old boiler split.

Since the n I've twice had to clean the photocell after it became excessively sooted-up.

We've had some quite strong winds recently and I've read this can cause this to happen.

Any comments or suggestions?

Yes, - you need to get an oil engineer to commision the boiler properly. Also while he is there he will have to totally service the boiler, no doubt. The inside of the shell must now be dirty with soot also. The photocell should not get dirty. That boiler is critical to be set correctly and kept clean inside.
Did you have the boiler installed with a proper oil engineer?

Yes the boiler was installed by a qualified heating engineer, thanks, :nono:.

Because of where we live he's not 'just around the corner'. He's sixty miles away. I've asked him to come back and check it, though.

The gist of my query was if it was setup on a still day would the last few weeks of strong winds have affected it? This is an outside boiler, remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot yourself in the foot there. Now you'll be forever wondering because you've had all the help you're going to get.

Get someone in who knows what they're doing.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sooting-up of photocell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock