Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Spacing query for underfloor heating between joist, 1st floor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zaqzaq

Hi guys,

Looking for info on pipe spacing for upstairs wet underfloor heating between joists.
The joists are 8 inches wide and the ceilings 10ft high, Rooms 15 sqft . Should I have just one pipe running in between each joist or should I have the circuit running up and down in between each joist therefore having 2 heating elements in a 8 inch space or is one sufficient? I know its recommended that you space the pipes 200mm apart but are there any problems running them closer? I'm thinking of better warm up times etc??
Anybody come across this before?

Regards,

Pipe spacing depends on heat loss of room and flow temperature of circuit.

You wound struggle to bend pipe into a return between them. You could go lefts all the way across the room and rights Al the way back. Left side of joist then rights on way back. U using biscuit mix ?

Hi Guys,

16mm pipe, biscuit mix for the screed. I did read that the min diameter for a 180 at the top is 90mm Screed 45mm depth?
Can you elaborate on heat loss? It's for a 1st floor (downstairs already complete, separate apartment)
Many any difference?

Hi Guys,

16mm pipe, biscuit mix for the screed. I did read that the min diameter for a 180 at the top is 90mm Screed 45mm depth?
Can you elaborate on heat loss? It's for a 1st floor (downstairs already complete, separate apartment)
Many any difference?
underfloor is not just a matter of seeing how much pipe you can get in. Whatever manufacturer or system you go with, I would recommend that it is professionally designed.

All the manufacturers will design the system for you for free (well i've never paid).
Tbh, even though i know how, i wouldn't design it myself. If there are any comebacks its not my rse getting bitten.

Sorry Ermintrude, Not sure what your getting at.
Just to be clear I like to understand whats going on I'm my home when I'm renovating at this site and others helps me out to understand what I'm paying for. If you see a problem can you explain. Im not going into business here just want to understand.

Plan for 1st floor between joists,
Ply on batons between joists,
50mm insulation rigid board,
16mm pipes
45mm biscuit screed.
If I'm making any big mistake please let me know!
Thanks.

Go 150 mm spacing and you will be grand
But get manufacture to spec how many zones and how many branches on manifold

No need for 45mm 25 fine. Next is ply- no need if u use thick insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spacing query for underfloor heating between joist, 1st floor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and...
Replies
Views
I have a OMNIE designed wet underfloor heating system on three floors. Ground and 2nd floors work well with those two floors having a single...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Hi. What would you recommend for pipe support whilst running 15mm central heating pipes parallel to floor joists? My idea is to screw wood...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock