Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Starting on my own. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

natwill

Hey people,

I've just recently gone self employed and wondered if you had any tips for me.

Any advice on going forward from here would be much appreciated.

Advertising is the key. Forget Yellow Pages or similar altogether - waste of money. Start off with the local mags (Parish mags get the best work for me), Leaflet drops, bit of door-to door (Just say you are just going solo and give them a leaflet, don't try any hard sell). Try to get known in the area. Recommends are the best way to get extra work.

Turn up on time, be tidy with your work and be prepared to go that extra mile and put yourself out to establish a good rep. If you're going to run late for your next job keep them informed, a thirty second phone call can do wonders.

Have the patience of a saint, the skin of a rhinoceros, the heart of a nun, the fitness of a top athlete, the humour of a comedian, a good brain, a deep wallet and the biggest smile!!

Plumbing can be the best job in the world when things go well.

It can also be the worst job in the world when things go wrong.

Best of luck and don't worry about asking questions. If you show appreciation for time given by others for answering, you'll find plenty of help here!!

Have the patience of a saint, the skin of a rhinoceros, the heart of a nun, the fitness of a top athlete, the humour of a comedian, a good brain, a deep wallet and the biggest smile!!

And a face for every occasion! Also take a bit time to talk to the old ones.
You might be the only one they talk to all week :wink:

And a face for every occasion! Also take a bit time to talk to the old ones.
You might be the only one they talk to all week :wink:

tam thats why i talk to you on here, cause i dont want you getting all lonely

I've still got the dogs to talk to.
The only things i get any sense out of.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll try to remember all those tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Starting on my own. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock