Discuss Straight swap electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I've heard a straight swap electric shower is un-notable to the electric regs. Does this just require the shower to be of the same power i.e, 8.5 kw.

Not necessarily.
If you take a 10.5 kw out you cant just wack a replacement In without knowing the supply cable is adequate. The previous installer may have been a diy guy and potentially fit it on 6mm cable whih would overheat and become a fire risk.

You need to be competent to do electrical safety checks. Do unless your on an electrical competent persons scheme you could come unstuck

If you dont have the equipment and knowhow to test the safety of an electrical installation then its best to err on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Straight swap electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back