Discuss Strap on boss for cast? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, Ive got to boss into a 4" cast stack in the next couple of days, I've never done this before, normally have cut a section of cast out and fitted a boss pipe with ferncos or completely renew the stack in PVC.

I cant do either of them in this situation and I need to use a strap on boss, am I right in thinking timesaver do a strap on boss made for the job, im guessing it seals with a rubber washer? I don't like the idea of trying to silicone a normal strap on boss on.

Any tips with regards to drilling the hole for the stack, I was just going to take it slow with a bimetal holesaw?

Im guessing somewhere like BSS might hopefully stock these timesaver fittings

The timesaver ones come with rubber washer got one from drainage centre the other week or Graham's also do them , nice and slow on the drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strap on boss for cast? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock