Discuss Strap on boss soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

1st post!! Have recently noticed the strap on boss on external pipe as a small leak from the underside of where the boss touches the soil pipe, what's the best way to go about fixing this?

It holds the connection to bath waste pipe and the leak isn't anything major but have noticed water on the pipe after bath is emptied and small amounts when toilet is flushed?

Many Thanks in advance
Nat

Check and make sure that boss is firmly stuck, if it is, a quick clean (nail polish remover works well) then get a tube of gap filling cement, should sort your problem

or some decent mastic (silicone sealant) if you cant get gap filling cement, pay atleast £5 for the mastic.

Thanks for both for the replies can't seem to find gap fill cement anywhere local....looking at some other forums etc some have suggested fernox lx and looking on some websites I keep coming across Solvent Cement would this be any good?

After using the toilet this morning can't seem to notice anything of the leak its seems more noticeable after draining the bath, could it be condensation that I am noticing on the pipe as bath water is warm and previous few days have been quite cold here?

Thanks again & Happy New Year!

Thanks for both for the replies can't seem to find gap fill cement anywhere local....looking at some other forums etc some have suggested fernox lx and looking on some websites I keep coming across Solvent Cement would this be any good?

After using the toilet this morning can't seem to notice anything of the leak its seems more noticeable after draining the bath, could it be condensation that I am noticing on the pipe as bath water is warm and previous few days have been quite cold here?

Thanks again & Happy New Year!

Find your local Polypipe stockist and ask for GFC100 gap filler. Or here is an online shop

Thanks Ray, do you reckon some solvent cement would do the job as leak seems small? If not will see about ordering some, is it ok to use on pipe as outside the house, what colour does it set & more importantly is it easy to use? Thanks again

If you're very lucky he might just do it for a pittance for the promise of future work!

The tec7 will work even if the fitting is wet. Quick wipe and squirt some on. Push it into the joint and smooth it down.

Houses, kids and cars are a drain on your wallet, always something!! Thanks for your advice all of you Happy New Year.

Back again,, anyone know where I can buy this C T 1 sealant in any shops rather on line? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strap on boss soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock