Discuss Strong glue for plastic in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

I know this is off topic.

However my car petrol door/ cover has come off. It needs gluing back on. I have tried gorilla epoxy glue. But it keeps falling off. It's plastic that I'm trying to glue.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

It’s all in the prep need to clean and sand both surfaces then clean again etc

Surprised Gorilla epoxy doesn't work (contaminated with fuel so give it a proper clean with a solvent?)...still I'd still recommend JB Weld, that has never failed me. Not sure about uxing PVC cement, I suspect you're trying to glue together two different types of plastic with the door and frame.

Reply to Strong glue for plastic in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks all for your replies. I have settled for a lesser-of-two evils option. I cut the copper coming from the stack elbow back a bit further...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock