Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Stuart Turner Monsoon pump sticking on or off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

dwinevs

We have a Stuart Turner Monsoon 2 bar shower pump which has lately been either refusing to start, or not switching off when we turn off the shower. Tapping the side of the outlet pipe seems to unstick it more often than not, but it's a real nuisance. We have an oil-fired Aga, and the water does get very hot, and I wondered if this might have anything to do with the problem? Any ideas?

Reed switch float sticking especialy in hard water areas. Have seen the sealing washer distort especially with hot water and cause float to stick.
Or Reed switch itself that's the part strapped to outlet.
This assumes its a positive head pump.

This behaviour is almost always due to the rubber washer which is fitted behind the magnet in the flow switch. They tend to expand or distort if the water temperature goes over 65 degrees, which it usually does if you have something like an Aga, or solar hot water heating. Annoyingly, Stuart Turner won't supply replacements for these - you have to buy a whole new flow switch assembly for about 40 quid, however you can buy heatproof silicone washers to replace them very cheaply on eBay, and they are a doddle to fit. I kept having the same problem, and replaced two pumps before trying these a couple of years ago, since when I have had no further problems.

Reply to Stuart Turner Monsoon pump sticking on or off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock