Search the forum,

Discuss Stubborn toilet seat bracket in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone. I have a top-fitting toilet seat, and one of the rubber plugs perished and the bolt just came out.

Fine, I thought, I'll just replace the seat. But although one plug was already out, I can't for the life of me remove the second. It's semi-perished, so the bolt doesn't have any purchase, but it's not 'perished enough' to be pulled out.

I've tried WD-40, I've tried gripping and pulling, I've tried leverage... all with no joy and I'm now out of ideas. Can anyone help me out?

Pic attached if it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 10.49.51.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 10.49.51.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Cut the head off

Reply to Stubborn toilet seat bracket in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock