Discuss Stupid question maybe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whn1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I can't find much info on this subject.
is it compulsory to have a fga?

Do I now need one to correctly complete a landlord safety cert?

Funnily enough no, I occasionally flick through my old mans, I have my cpa1.

I feel like a fool now. I'm guessing the answers a simple one.

yes the answer is a very simple one, and has 2 letters in it,
again something comes up about LGSC and FGA, who owns the property has nothing to do with the tools you need to work safely, it is all to do with the appliance and what the MI tells you must be done to confirm its safety,
if i went to a property tomorrow i could confirm that the gas hob and the BBU was perfectly safe or not and i dont own a FGA

This is an issue that has brought a lot of confusion not helped by all the ads and constant emails offering you deals on an analyser and telling you time is running out. You don't need one unless you are servicing boilers with zpg's (band A's) or the manu specifically asks for one or you are doing some other stuff that may require one.
You just need to know how to interperet the results if you do use one.

yes the answer is a very simple one, and has 2 letters in it,
again something comes up about LGSC and FGA, who owns the property has nothing to do with the tools you need to work safely, it is all to do with the appliance and what the MI tells you must be done to confirm its safety,
if i went to a property tomorrow i could confirm that the gas hob and the BBU was perfectly safe or not and i dont own a FGA

:iagree:

you need one if your installing, vaillant and baxi certainly require it in their benchmark forms

you need one if your installing, vaillant and baxi certainly require it in their benchmark forms

Only if the manu asks for it. Those particular 2 don't and neither do most.
The benchmark form is a standard form used by all manus. The part about combustion says "if required by the manufacturer". Things may change in the future tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stupid question maybe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hi, Been meaning to ask this for a while now. Commercial leak detection fluid - the stuff in the hand-pump action spray bottle - it makes me...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock