Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
looked at a job today old neta heat in kitchen and cylinder cupboard abot 15m away with pump and valves in there problem is vent and cold feed are at high and low level to the boiler so not teed in to the airing cupboard (tank is sort of half way between the two)im thinking system boiler but the rads are old and worried about leaking so would have preferred ov but cant see a way to put existing coldfeed and vent into a 2 connection boiler
if i tee cold feed and vent in close to boiler with pump fifteen ft away do you think it would work

If you want to go the open vented way. Use an air separator fitted on the flow.

image.jpg

Avoidance of air lock would be consideration. Pump pushing towards boiler. AAVs at boiler, vent and cold feed where convenient, with no AAV between feed and pump to avoid sucking air.

Last edited:
you could also use a flap check valve on the open vent

It will be fine, i have done it many times just tee them into the flow above the boiler, how far away the pump happens to be is not a problem as along as the cold feed is close coupled into the open vent its fine.

When you look at the system pipework layout in the mi it looks like that anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock