Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Summertime heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Afternoon all, I'm working on a job where an old woman has been ripped off by some bodge artist the whole jobs a mess, any way I'm after some info from some if the more informed people on here, is it against regs to put 4 ,yes 4 towel towel warmers on the hot water circuit? The woman is trying to build up a case against this guy and wants as much info as possible. He knowingly put them on the circuit
thanks in advance

its been a long time since ive done domestic hot water but why would it be against regs to install radiators or towel warmers on the hot water primaries. Assuming that they have valves and trv's then surely thats ok allbeit not good practice

Contravenes the energy efficiency rules. Supposedly. Dont see an issue with one rad/towel rail for the bathroom if you are running boiler hot water only in the summer. Cheaper than sticking electric element for dual fuel. Fours a bit of a urine extraction though.

Depends on the size of the house.

If it have 4 bathrooms in regular use, it could actually be good practice*. In most ordinary circumstances, it would not be.

Very difficult to build a legal case, as you don't know what was said between client and original tradesman.

*EDIT forgot to mention in my post that if you are going to do this, you need brass or copper towel rails, not steel ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

If it have 4 bathrooms in regular use, it could actually be good practice. In most ordinary circumstances, it would not be.

Very difficult to build a legal case, as you don't know what was said between client and original tradesman.

mmmmmm.my feelings entirely dear

If it have 4 bathrooms in regular use, it could actually be good practice. In most ordinary circumstances, it would not be.

Yes you do.... Install me a heating system. Ok I shall do that sir. I will follow all regulations to the word as I am a gas safe engineer .

Afternoon all, I'm working on a job where an old woman has been ripped off by some bodge artist the whole jobs a mess, any way I'm after some info from some if the more informed people on here, is it against regs to put 4 ,yes 4 towel towel warmers on the hot water circuit? The woman is trying to build up a case against this guy and wants as much info as possible. He knowingly put them on the circuit
thanks in advance

Irish,

What kind of case is she thinking of building up against him, the law has no teeth here or gums, if it went to court, which it won't, what sort of damages would she get, who would she get to defend her case, I could just see Ermi there in court " I put it to you Sir, you are bounder, not a GSR " Nay like me going nowhere!!! I can hear the judge, " Mr Ermintrude is that your real name ", be like My Cousin Vinny..

viny.jpg

thanks lads it's not a legal case really , she hasn't paid him fully yet so she wants a bit of leverage to hold back some money, I wouldn't normally help some one to do this ,but she has been properly ripped off here

Call trading standards and buding control and ask for inspection . Also report to gas safe and ask for inspection. Might not get one but can always ask

Ermi if it's on its own circuit take it you just put a two port and a time clock on it and trv's on towel rails

thanks lads it's not a legal case really , she hasn't paid him fully yet so she wants a bit of leverage to hold back some money, I wouldn't normally help some one to do this ,but she has been properly ripped off here

You had better give her the right answers - or the answers she expects - or you might be waiting for your money too.

Whatever you put in writing make sure it is legitimate and back up what you say with regulations - detailing sections and clauses.
If it goes to court she will be using your advice as evidence and it had better stand up or else you will end up with egg on your face!

You had better give her the right answers - or the answers she expects - or you might be waiting for your money too.

Whatever you put in writing make sure it is legitimate and back up what you say with regulations - detailing sections and clauses.
If it goes to court she will be using your advice as evidence and it had better stand up or else you will end up with egg on your face!

Oz you are a wizard, spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Summertime heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock