Search the forum,

Discuss suppliers query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
have a disputed invoice with suppliers regarding materials for a job

basically they say i owe 529 quid for an invoice that they claim as outstanding

my records show its been paid and have receipt of payment

they still seem to be disputing this even tho i have trace of payment

what the hell happens now ( ray stafford advice clinic required)

this surely is an urse up there end

Is it the only transaction you did with them hammmers?

If it is one of many, it could just be an administrative error, if they assigned your payment to a different invoice?

If its a single, stand-alone transaction, what is the nature of your proof of payment? If its a cheque which they have presented, thats brilliant, you are home and dry. If you paid by BACS, faster payment etc, then its worth checking the payee details - you might have paid the wrong company.

Just seeing "£529" debit on your bank statement doesn't mean it went to the right place.

sometimes paying by BACS you have to state the invoice number as the reference so they can put the payment against the right invoice

basically i done two batches of payment one dated 23/11/13 other 29/11/13

both were for same job so job title was the same on both payments

first payment dated 23/11/13 totalled £3006 which was a number of invoices ( all the same job)and they add up to the receipt total that they gave me when i paid ,
this according to plumb is the where their is a £529 shortfall and they printed off the invoice and passed to me.
Checking the printed invoice i can see the invoice in amongst this first batch i paid and it totals to the amount i paid .
I cant see a shortfall but they are adamant

gotta be a cock up their end imho but someone aint owning up , what happes in this situ as they say i should pay and my maths says otherwise

Well, it sounds like a question of facts, not opinion.

The best way usually to sort these things out is to find a point where you both agree. So lets say you both agree that as of 1/10/2013, you owed a certain figure (or better still, find a point where the account was clear).

Then add to that debt all the new invoices issued, and deduct all the credit notes and payments, and that should be what you owe now. The status of individual invoices on your respective accounting systems is irrelevant.

If you still cant agree, then eventually they will put you on stop. Shop somewhere else. Then if you are sure you are right, let them sue you - and let the judge decide. But you have to be sure you are right.

Is this plumb center?

They once were sending me bills from some other guys account, I had to tell them at least 3 times they had the account numbers wrong. In the end they got round to updating their system.

I don't see why I should have to pay for someone elses materials.

Well, it sounds like a question of facts, not opinion.

The best way usually to sort these things out is to find a point where you both agree. So lets say you both agree that as of 1/10/2013, you owed a certain figure (or better still, find a point where the account was clear).

Then add to that debt all the new invoices issued, and deduct all the credit notes and payments, and that should be what you owe now. The status of individual invoices on your respective accounting systems is irrelevant.

If you still cant agree, then eventually they will put you on stop. Shop somewhere else. Then if you are sure you are right, let them sue you - and let the judge decide. But you have to be sure you are right.

thing is ray who pays for the time???

its never just five mins especially if i am right then could end up losing a few hours of my day

I wont deal with plumb centre, when i did have an account it was cock up after cock up. Now even I just use them on the odd occasion something always goes wrong and i have to chase them.

I use williams and pts only now

thing is ray who pays for the time???

its never just five mins especially if i am right then could end up losing a few hours of my day

I'm afraid that this is one of the overheads of being in business hammers. Unless you can persuade your local branch manager to swing you something.

I have just wasted more than an hour because some thumbless flipwit cant take 5% off £47 - the trouble is it was buried in a spreadsheet where every other figure was calculated - so you assume they are right. This one was typed in, and was wrong.

Same for me plumbs are rubbish IMO. Use Williams for my plumbing bits and pts for my boiler spares. And sabre spares for anything they can't get

They buy 2 bob parts and mark them up 3000%

I know you lot think I'm kidding, but I am absolutely serious. Having looked at what you have to invest in stock, what price can be got for most sales, overheads etc I honestly don't think there is any money in it - and with the new trend for longer boiler warranties, I reckon most if not all except perhaps those attached to national merchants will go bankrupt in the next 5 years.

By hiring trained monkeys in my experience :lol:

Not normally a business plan that would attract my interest! :)

Actually, one of the problems that I see in that sector is that you are either a complete expert, or you got nothing.

Lord knows how the experts got their expertise - either they were born that way, or they must have done some terrible cock-ups along the way.

Not normally a business plan that would attract my interest! :)

Actually, one of the problems that I see in that sector is that you are either a complete expert, or you got nothing.

Lord knows how the experts got their expertise - either they were born that way, or they must have done some terrible cock-ups along the way.

You can just wait till one of us loses a limb and hire us as your spares expert :)

In as much as we do GC numbers..
To date I can recite my mobile number and the 3 I call the most
phone numbers of 4 letting agents
pin numbers for 5 different bank/credit cards
national insurance number
registration number of the last 5 vehicles I've owned
postcodes for my last 4 addresses
my gas safe number and engineer id
passwords for email accounts and different websites
GC numbers of at least 6 worst ers, most baxi boilers and some vaillant models and a few others
then all the tightness test numbers and times
plus co ratios case on/case off
heat input calculations
flue clearances
the specific density of water
the height of a tundish
And anything else I do on a regular basis

point being if you do something day in day out stuff is bound to stick in your head

In as much as we do GC numbers..
To date I can recite my mobile number and the 3 I call the most
phone numbers of 4 letting agents
pin numbers for 5 different bank/credit cards
national insurance number
registration number of the last 5 vehicles I've owned
postcodes for my last 4 addresses
my gas safe number and engineer id
passwords for email accounts and different websites
GC numbers of at least 6 worst ers, most baxi boilers and some vaillant models and a few others
then all the tightness test numbers and times
plus co ratios case on/case off
heat input calculations
flue clearances
the specific density of water
the height of a tundish
And anything else I do on a regular basis

point being if you do something day in day out stuff is bound to stick in your head

I can remember how old I am - to the nearest decade.

For everything else - it has to be written down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to suppliers query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock