Discuss Supporting pipes under floorboards + insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The job is best done from under the floor otherwise you'll be moving furniture as well as lifting floorboards and carpets everywhere. If you go under, you can have it done.

More like this:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/talon...VrZPtCh00uwdAEAQYBCABEgKobfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
but much bigger and wider to accomodate insulated pipes. You screw slide it 3, 5, 10 metres long below the joists, perpendicular to them, screw it in a few places to hold it then slide all your pipes into it.

More like this:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/talon...VrZPtCh00uwdAEAQYBCABEgKobfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
but much bigger and wider to accomodate insulated pipes. You screw slide it 3, 5, 10 metres long below the joists, perpendicular to them, screw it in a few places to hold it then slide all your pipes into it.

Use some 100 x 25mm trunking then elec fact should have that

I'm fairly new, thus why I've never encountered a fairly common situation like this before. But I usually encounter situations where I get to run pipes within the first floor. This one is full central heating for a bungalow. About 16 rads. I'm just trying to find a way to run, insulate and clip all these pipes under the floor boards quickly. It's a shame that I may end up using copper out of sight when I could run plastic instead.

Pipes run in the loft means a lot of exposed pipework when dropping down, not as neat as pipes coming up through the floor.

How big are the joists depth ?

Well if you prefer, why not go under with a battery drill and screw plastic stand off (wrap over) clips to the underside of each joist and use the plastic push fit stuff?
I personally don't like it but I am old fashioned and like you say, no-one will see it.

Apart from the next Plumber of course!

Have you sorted all your pipe sizing for the circuit?

It's a shame that I may end up using copper out of sight when I could run plastic instead.

It is a shame, but copper was out long before plastic, and see loads in lofts in the properties I work in, it’s all they used. You need to weigh up the difference, I’m sure there’s not much in it and you’ll be fitting copper - welcome to OldSkool :D:D:D

Reply to Supporting pipes under floorboards + insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back