Discuss Surface mounted shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunzzofman

One of my friends who is a qualified plumber came round mine and said he would fit a shower.we picked out this one Buy Cascade Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for . and said it would be fine as we have a low pressure hot and cold type boiler.well iv been wondering as are bathroom isnt tiled and hes going to come off the pipes that are on the wall and visable,so the pipes will not be coming out from the wall.So how will a surface mounted shower go onto pipes that come from the ceiling? iv probley discribed this really badly as im naf when it comes to plumbing (and spelling). thanks in advance all.

You should trust him or get him to tell you how he is going to do it face to face. That would be the best way

yeh i wont see him till he comes round to fit it tho lol,im one of them people were if i dont understand how its done it drives me crazyyy

Probably going to chase the pipework into the wall and make good.

So much of what I install in bathrooms these days has to be chased into the walls.

It's suprising how much work can go into what looks like a very simple spout popping neatly out the wall.

For instance -
11.jpg

They don't just grow there!!

Elbows to convert this shower to a surface mounted will be needed, about £30. They are just a screw in plate

Another thing to think about is the water supply, by low pressure boiler I take it you have a hot water cylinder and a cold water storage tank in loft, the pressure needed to work this shower will require 3 metres from base of hot water tank to shower head, is the cold water pipe a feed from the cold water tank in the loft as opposed to it? Wise to check this as can be a pain in the arse when all plumbing is done and you get a feeble shower spray cos nothings balanced. Your Mate will clear that up for you, might be ok for baldy blokes like me but nay good for long hair.

Danny, What's that stuff you've used on the floor sloping into tray? looks good, glass like isit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elbows to convert this shower to a surface mounted will be needed, about £30. They are just a screw in plate

Even if he runs it in chrome, it'll still look rank compared to chasing it in.

Last edited:
got that wrong, try again, Danny that stuff on the floor next to tray what is it?

Steve, it's painted glass. I use it quite a lot. It's stuck to the sloped ceiling too.

I have a guy I use from London that supplies it. You can buy in most local glass suppliers (special order) but it's very expensive. I pay around £120 a square M, depending on how much I order.

It's made for wet areas, and you won't get problems with delamination of the paint.

Finally, it looks the absalute nuts in the tight place. I first came across it when working for a interior designer. I nabbed the guys number.

If you're anywhere near London, he comes and delivers. He also fits for a charge but it's straight forward so I do it myself. Let me know if you want his number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Surface mounted shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock