Discuss Tankless Water Heater in Closet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

'd like to replace this with a tankless water heater. We live in a condo and this currently power vents out to I believe the roof. We are on the 3rd floor of a 4 floor building.

Can I replace this with a tankless water heater?

Will there be enough combustible air around the unit?

Can it vent out the same way the regular water heater does?

Any particular models that may be well suited for this?

Attachments

• tempImageQzokDK.png
    tempImageQzokDK.png
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • tempImagelXmjFb.png
    tempImagelXmjFb.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • tempImagexnxeyP.png
    tempImagexnxeyP.png
    3 MB · Views: 13
Most on here are UK based, so are unfamiliar with your regulations.

However, I believe Navien are a popular tankless brand the other side of the pond.

They can be installed with an exhaust flue to outside and a second air intake to outside or just using internal air.

You’ll need to check the manufactures instructions.

But from some past reading, I reckon you’ll be ok as long as your gas supply is sufficient.

Reply to Tankless Water Heater in Closet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
A
Hi. I've taken my immersion heater out and want to replace it with an instant hot water heater. The unit will be placed on a wall at chest height...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
Back