Search the forum,

Discuss Taps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Hi Folks,

I'm fitting a bathroom in a few weeks and need to source some taps for the customer. I'm after a set of Bath deck mixer taps with an integrated shower attachment and matching basin taps - does anyone have any recomendations? I've got around £150 to spend on the taps.

Cheers,
Pete.

Bathstore.com! They rip off the designs of all the posh taps.

I've fitted bath taps that cost two grand, and a month later you see them in Bathstore. They never weigh as much as the originals though!! They certainly cost less.

have a look at screwfix and toolstation

Cheers Steveb - I've flicked through the cat's and browsed online but was wondering if anyone had any they'd recomend that didn't just look cheap and nasty once installed. I know - typical customer that wants top end quality for peanuts and as usual didn't have any idea how much taps cost!:rolleyes:

Id hate to pick up the originals if the bathstore ones arent as heavy, some of them weigh a ton!

Try Bristan as well, although a brand name they are not always expensive. IMHO you get what you pay for in a tap

IMHO you get what you pay for in a tap

I agree entirely, however the customer thought taps would only be about £40! I'm trying to educate them though!

Will have a look at Bristan and Bathstore though.

I fit for bathstore but would personally go for Bristan first as i know i could get parts for these in 5 years time if i need them.

Funny how customers have no idea what these things cost, same people will spend a fortune on other things that the restof us 'normal' people wouldnt dream of spending money on

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some Bristan regency taps from PTS, I had a whopping chuck knocked off the retail price (5 pairs of taps) saved nearly £200 off full retail.

I got some Bristan regency taps from PTS, I had a whopping chuck knocked off the retail price (5 pairs of taps) saved nearly £200 off full retail.

There's a pts round the corner from me and ive a catalogue for them somewhere so will go and check them out.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock