Discuss Taps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Hi Folks,

I'm fitting a bathroom in a few weeks and need to source some taps for the customer. I'm after a set of Bath deck mixer taps with an integrated shower attachment and matching basin taps - does anyone have any recomendations? I've got around £150 to spend on the taps.

Cheers,
Pete.

Bathstore.com! They rip off the designs of all the posh taps.

I've fitted bath taps that cost two grand, and a month later you see them in Bathstore. They never weigh as much as the originals though!! They certainly cost less.

have a look at screwfix and toolstation

Cheers Steveb - I've flicked through the cat's and browsed online but was wondering if anyone had any they'd recomend that didn't just look cheap and nasty once installed. I know - typical customer that wants top end quality for peanuts and as usual didn't have any idea how much taps cost!:rolleyes:

Id hate to pick up the originals if the bathstore ones arent as heavy, some of them weigh a ton!

Try Bristan as well, although a brand name they are not always expensive. IMHO you get what you pay for in a tap

IMHO you get what you pay for in a tap

I agree entirely, however the customer thought taps would only be about £40! I'm trying to educate them though!

Will have a look at Bristan and Bathstore though.

I fit for bathstore but would personally go for Bristan first as i know i could get parts for these in 5 years time if i need them.

Funny how customers have no idea what these things cost, same people will spend a fortune on other things that the restof us 'normal' people wouldnt dream of spending money on

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some Bristan regency taps from PTS, I had a whopping chuck knocked off the retail price (5 pairs of taps) saved nearly £200 off full retail.

I got some Bristan regency taps from PTS, I had a whopping chuck knocked off the retail price (5 pairs of taps) saved nearly £200 off full retail.

There's a pts round the corner from me and ive a catalogue for them somewhere so will go and check them out.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I'm having a new bathroom installed and having issues getting the right bath/shower set up. Shower has to be over bath as no space for a...
Replies
Views
I'm probably missing something obvious, would welcome any suggestions on how I get access to the washers. We have a matching bathroom suite and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I removed a bath from my sister in law’s bathroom about eight years ago. I cut back the hot and cold to the bath and branched off these to a new...
Replies
Views
Hello - am hoping someone out there can offer some advice... I've been living in a split level 1st & 2nd floor masionette for two months, which...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock