Discuss TDS monitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Morning all. My company have recently started using a TDS monitor when we flush. I u derstand how it works and what we're aiming for but I'm not sure what I'm actually monitoring! Can someone tell me as it would American explaining get to the customer a lot more professional if I actually know what I'm showing them!!!

The TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) meter measures the electrical conductivity of water. In its purest form, water is not a particularly good conductor of electricity. However, when other chemicals, many of which are conductors of electricity, get dissolved in water, its electrical conductivity goes up. Measuring the increased conductivity provides an estimate of the total dissolved solids in the water.

A good approach to using a TDS meter is to take a reading of the water from the kitchen tap, and then one from the water you are measuring. If the readings are within 10% of each other, then the test sample is reasonably free of dissolved solids in relation to the cleanest water available at the property. This is only applicable if the water is from normal mains, and does not apply to well / bore supplies.

Knew about the actual test process/measurementso etc but that 1st paragraph is spot on. No more replies needed! Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TDS monitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock