Discuss Tee'ing into rigid pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
When you have to tee into a pipe (2" waste) which cant be moved either side, whats the best way to get both ends in the tee?

Ive used the 4 inch slip collars but never used the 2 inch . Certainly a life saver when lack of play in the pipe.

It's on an external waste connection in a basement.. Although not on show its still visible... :/

Can't seem to find 2" slip couplings anywhere, do they exist?

i don't know if they exist maybe get a normal one and file off the internal stop?

i don't know if they exist maybe get a normal one and file off the internal stop?

Ahhhh ok... Sorry my next question is stupid I know but to solvent weld it, I'd push the coupling on end of pipe 1, apply solvent on end of pipe 2 and push it past to I can apply solvent to other side and quickly bring it back?

A GENTLE filing of the ridge will see it go but if you don't think it through glueing can be messy

Use a push fit or compression type connector instead of glued.
I had to fit one of those Hep traps on a basin to replace a standard pedestal trap & I couldn't remove the basin easily plus the 1 1/4" waste pipe was rigid. I used a standard push fit connector but I cut the division part off using a hammer & screwdriver. Did the job as I didn't have a slip fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tee'ing into rigid pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock