Search the forum,

Discuss terminal locations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hey fellers good morning to you. I have just awakened and am having tea in bed while reading installer magazine and I have come to page 50 which is all about positions. I don't know if any of you get the magazine or not but I am a bit confused as to what it is saying about flue terminals for fan flued being 150mm above or to the side of an opening window. Am I missingsomsthing? And below it any where outside the green shaded area

Thanks blake for putting that up there. Do you know what it is saying? As at the bottom of the diagram it has a note saying 'all terminals must apply to table 1'. They say 300!!!!!!!!!??????

Clear as mud.
In the piccy, fan draught flues need to be 150mm min from Top side or bottom of window, but they also need to comply with table 1 so need to be minimum of 300mm.

What colour mud do you want, light green or yellow?

Its all about building construction strength. So for instance I have a fixed window which does not open, I can put my flue through the wall up to 150mm of the reveal. I can't put it any closer because it will impare the structure of the window reveal.

Now if this window reveal had an opening window, I would have to terminate at least 300mm from the opening depending on the kW rating of the boiler to prevent risk of combustion products entering the building via the open window.

the boundary rules arent clear either, it you have flats stacked on top of each other does it still have to be 600mm away

had a customer with a condencing boiler and a neighbour above saying the flue bothers her because its directly below an openable window,
flue is about 400mm below window with little easy options of alternative places for it to terminate

said i'd ring gas safe and find if there is a definitive rule but never got round to it

when boundary rules come into question i always think of that case when someone had a neighbour with bipolar who thought the steam from the condencing boiler had been put there in an attempt to poison him, he lost it and murdered the neighbour believing it was self defence

This has always been the case loads of people seem to know a RS flue needs to be at least 300mm from an openable window but it also must be at least 150mm from an opening in the building fabric ie where the window frame meets the brickwork, it amazes me how many people don't know this

the boundary rules arent clear either, it you have flats stacked on top of each other does it still have to be 600mm away

had a customer with a condencing boiler and a neighbour above saying the flue bothers her because its directly below an openable window,
flue is about 400mm below window with little easy options of alternative places for it to terminate

said i'd ring gas safe and find if there is a definitive rule but never got round to it

when boundary rules come into question i always think of that case when someone had a neighbour with bipolar who thought the steam from the condencing boiler had been put there in an attempt to poison him, he lost it and murdered the neighbour believing it was self defence

the problem with this is even if you adhere to the required clearances if it still causes a nuisance then it may and likely will have to be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to terminal locations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock