Discuss TEsting a boiler fan unit: Keston C40 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lineproducts

Hi
Visiting from the electricians forum.

Any help or advice appreciated!

Boiler error code says fan problem. Plumber wants to replace but at £200 I first want to be sure that the fan is the problem and not the controller. He says that he cant test the fan to make sure??
The fan has two supplies: 230v (which I have tested and is fine) and then a low DC feed from the boiler controller to the fan controller.
Do any of you know how I can power up the fan to determine if the actual fan unit is the problem or not?

Thanks

we cant on this forum give out advise to non gas safe engineers about such things as the fan forms part of the combustion process. The best solution would be to phone the manufacturer with the gas safe engineer present and ask them how to test it.

Agree with awheating, you could also ask them how much a fixed priced call out is

Thanks Guys

I agree (strongly) with the gas safe sentiment - just as I would advice regarding electrical problems!

Looks like there is no simple way to test.

Thanks again!

I have always found keston invaluable - extremely helpful whenever I've called them. please get the engineer to do so and get a full idea on the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TEsting a boiler fan unit: Keston C40 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock