Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss The use of Regin Premier gauges for gas testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

I've replied to the relevant thread in the public forum but it's worth repeating in here.

GRM (Gauge readable movement) in Regin Premier gauges

To alleviate some confusion regarding the ‘grm’ of Regin Premier gauges using SG1.88 manometer fluid, the ‘grm’ of a water U-tube is the SAME as that of a Regin Premier manometer, because the arrangement is a ‘J’ gauge style with almost all of the fluid movement in the indicating column.

When a U-tube gauge is pressurised, the fluid rises in one column and falls the same distance in the other. In a ‘J-tube’ gauge however, almost all the fluid movement is in the indicating column, with a small height change in the reservoir section. This means that for a given pressure change in one column, the fluid movement of a High Specific Gravity ‘J’gauge is virtually the same as the movement of water in one column of a U-Tube type gauge.

The statement that the grm of a gauge is dependant only on the SG of the indicating fluid is erroneous for the reasons stated above. This is why the IGEM UPE 1B was altered to allow for higher specific gravity fluids.

In summary, a Regin Premier gauge is suitable for use wherever a water filled U-gauge is suited to the application.

If you can use a water gauge you can use a Regin premier or J gauge.

The Regin Premier is the daddy of all gauges! I knew it would be okay :)

Great post mate that explained it well couldn't make head nor tale of the other posts on this!

I can't claim credit for the explanation. Regin sent it to me in response to the mis information being put about.

I was just sitting back with a beer enjoying the exchange of views in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The use of Regin Premier gauges for gas testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock