Discuss Thermal Store with DHW Coil in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

John.g

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Do thermal stores have the DHW coil mounted high up in the cylinder, nearly right at the top?.
If so, and assuming a 300 litre store at 75C and if you draw off 100 litres of HW at 40C from cold at 6C do the whole contents of the store then fall, to 64C?. (63.8)

My understanding is yes the coil is mounted like that. The manufacturer will usually state what draw off and temperature you can get at a certain storage temperature. Although your heat balance equation will give you an idea.

Reply to Thermal Store with DHW Coil in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating System Have 2 houses where identical Heating systems installed (self & neighbour) In Dec both Baxi boilers were replaced with Viessmann...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
I’d like some advice and opinions please. I have a 150 year old stone cottage ( 2 foot thick solid stone walls) some roof insulation and double...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock