Discuss Thermostatic diverter valves? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter position being empty. I have been thinking putting a pipe in and divert the flow to bypass the finned pipe. But that would be a manual diverter valve which would swtich the radiator on or off. Is there such a thing as a thermostatic diverter valve that would send the hot water through the finned pipe until the room was up to temperature and then divert the flow though the non-finned pipe to bypass it? I suspect not but thought it worth asking as there are all sorts of unexpected wierd things out there if you know where to look.

Hi Tony

How did you get on with your diverter issue? Did you manage to get it sorted?

Reply to Thermostatic diverter valves? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock