Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nat

Evening all,

I am beginning to think the tiler I use to do my bathrooms is either really slow or trying it on with me a bit. I really like the guy and maybe I am wrong but how much square meterage do you think you could do on an average day?

Obviously every job is different and if there are lots of awkward cuts it's gonna take longer but if the tiles aren't too small and there are no fiddly mosaic borders how much do you think you could/should cover in a day?

Also, what do you think is a fair day rate for someone who also supplies grout, trims and adhesive?

Thanks

Coverage wil depend on the state of the walls, the tiles them self, Cuts needed etc.

What is he doing ?

My cousin is a tiler and wants £180 a day on day rate or if he is doing price then wants four figure pay packets per week ,This also includes someone else sorting out the perfect wall for him as he wont do any plastering and on top of that you must hack old tiles off , also the tiles must be in room ready for him to go when he arrives.
believe it or not he is snowed under!!

Coverage wil depend on the state of the walls, the tiles them self, Cuts needed etc.

What is he doing ?

I would say he is averaging maybe 6 metres per day or possibly less. The walls have already been stripped and are good or are brand new plasterboard/aquaboard. I pay him £180 per day.

Sounds like he's mugging you off matey. Ask him for a price for the job. Pay him a fixed price and see how fast he goes then!

all tilers are overpriced imo,

a good tiler should only get say £120 / £150 a day as they are not exactly in a risky business or require special skills, do they?.
its just another level of paper hanging.

a meter an hour would be my quote unless any straight runs are less than a meter or complex patterns. the rate would be £20 per meter tiles provided x 7hrs (i dont pay for lunch or *** breaks)= £140 a day on my book, take it or leave it and i have 3 other guys happy with less than that who are top class.
chancers who charge more tend to be the ones who are busy so double their prices and chance their luck at getting the jobs, a mate of mine goes for £400 a day when busy enough but £18ph for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My cousin is a tiler and wants £180 a day on day rate or if he is doing price then wants four figure pay packets per week ,This also includes someone else sorting out the perfect wall for him as he wont do any plastering and on top of that you must hack old tiles off , also the tiles must be in room ready for him to go when he arrives.
believe it or not he is snowed under!!

I genuinely wish I could have this attitude to work and have it pay off. He's obviously confident he's good enough to be in demand all the time, and can dictate his own terms to customers. Good for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

all the tilers i have worked with, work per metre. paid one £35 per metre and he was rubbish, paid one £25 per hour and he was amazing.

I would say you I would average 6 metres per day, tiler should be more like 6-10 metres per day, plus a day on tricky cuts.

i find im quicker with small tiles and take longer with large tiles but then im a plumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock