Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Timer on Potterton Combi Broken - Want To Fit RF Programmable Room Stat. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Potterton Performa 24 Eco HE combi, and the integral analogue timer clock is jammed. I want to fit a new Honeywell CMT927 RF programmable room stat. This will replace the broken timer and also act as a room stat as there isn't one at present.

I'm ok with wiring the receiver into the Potty's stat connections on the block where the link is at present. But, what to do about the old timer. Should I just leave it in place and wired in? Or remove the timer's wires from their connections? If I do this, do I need to link any of the connctions where I remove the timer's wires from?

As the heating works with the jammed timer (last winter, I turned heating on and off with the main selector control), I'm tempted to leave it be. Not sure if this is advisable though.

Thanks for any advice.

Link two black wires.in back of clock. U can get blank and proper connector for removing clock.

Link two black wires.in back of clock. U can get blank and proper connector for removing clock.

Thanks, but there are 4 wires from the back of the existing integral timer, one brown, one blue and two black.

I'm assuming the brown and blue power the clock and the 2 blacks are switching wires. But presuming may get me a blown pcb. :sweatdrop:

The wiring for clock is on page 47 of the Potterton's installation instructions.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...Gf99qIpQSPtqeKl7w&sig2=BBi-jmD0qaWfxoUTvY-nMQ

Last edited:
Yes join black leave Brn and blue. When connecting stat make sure it's wired for volt free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Timer on Potterton Combi Broken - Want To Fit RF Programmable Room Stat. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock