Discuss TMV2 to non concussive tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dom38

:90:Hi... Need some help please!

I have been asked to fit a TMV2 to a non concussive tap in a school. The specification for the install states that I am not required to install a separate cold feed and the non concussive tap is not a mixer. I am sure this does not comply with the regs. Am I right in thinking this? I've been looking at BS Standards, Building Regs G and WRAS. Please help!

Most of the ones I fit are taken from the cold and hot taps to the basin and then mixed hot to the hot tap

Just fitted one tonight on a solo tap. Cold straight to tap, tee off cold to tmv, hot into tmv and mix to hot tap.

TMV seems a bit of a waste on a non concussive tap. Probably wont run long enough to get hot :)

Hi thanks for advice but just to clarify I only have one tap fed from tmv which means I only have hot water supply I do not have a cold tap which means no cold water at all surly this is not correct and should either have a mixer tap or another pillar tap

Just fitted 5 sensor taps with blending valves, so no cold tap just blended, nothing wrong with that as long as their are Check valves.

Hi thanks for advice but just to clarify I only have one tap fed from tmv which means I only have hot water supply I do not have a cold tap which means no cold water at all surly this is not correct and should either have a mixer tap or another pillar tap

You need a cold supply for the mixer to work, so you either need to find a cold supply or not fit the tmv3

As above you need a cold supply for the blending valve to work properly! Otherwise the blending valve will just shut down.

I have a cold supply and hot to the tmv I have one pillar tap it is not a mixer ! What I am asking is . Is it ok to only have a hot tap regulated to 43 degrees and no cold tap ?

I have a cold supply and hot to the tmv I have one pillar tap it is not a mixer ! What I am asking is . Is it ok to only have a hot tap regulated to 43 degrees and no cold tap ?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TMV2 to non concussive tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
Hello - am hoping someone out there can offer some advice... I've been living in a split level 1st & 2nd floor masionette for two months, which...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. On the City and Guilds Level 3 course that I support as workshop technician, in the module on complex cold water controls they ask me to...
Replies
Views
Back