Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss TMV2 to non concussive tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dom38

:90:Hi... Need some help please!

I have been asked to fit a TMV2 to a non concussive tap in a school. The specification for the install states that I am not required to install a separate cold feed and the non concussive tap is not a mixer. I am sure this does not comply with the regs. Am I right in thinking this? I've been looking at BS Standards, Building Regs G and WRAS. Please help!

Most of the ones I fit are taken from the cold and hot taps to the basin and then mixed hot to the hot tap

Just fitted one tonight on a solo tap. Cold straight to tap, tee off cold to tmv, hot into tmv and mix to hot tap.

TMV seems a bit of a waste on a non concussive tap. Probably wont run long enough to get hot :)

Hi thanks for advice but just to clarify I only have one tap fed from tmv which means I only have hot water supply I do not have a cold tap which means no cold water at all surly this is not correct and should either have a mixer tap or another pillar tap

Just fitted 5 sensor taps with blending valves, so no cold tap just blended, nothing wrong with that as long as their are Check valves.

Hi thanks for advice but just to clarify I only have one tap fed from tmv which means I only have hot water supply I do not have a cold tap which means no cold water at all surly this is not correct and should either have a mixer tap or another pillar tap

You need a cold supply for the mixer to work, so you either need to find a cold supply or not fit the tmv3

As above you need a cold supply for the blending valve to work properly! Otherwise the blending valve will just shut down.

I have a cold supply and hot to the tmv I have one pillar tap it is not a mixer ! What I am asking is . Is it ok to only have a hot tap regulated to 43 degrees and no cold tap ?

I have a cold supply and hot to the tmv I have one pillar tap it is not a mixer ! What I am asking is . Is it ok to only have a hot tap regulated to 43 degrees and no cold tap ?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TMV2 to non concussive tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock