Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet keeps running? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

This toilet is constantly running water into the bowl. Am I right in having to remove the valve on the right & change the washer? The one on the left I can see the water keeps coming out of.
06EC37C3-7042-4667-B2E5-92FD15E97DE4.jpeg

Yes the centre / one on the right when standing in front should twist 1/4 and you will find the washer has bubbled

If you use a torch to shine down the side of the valve you will see which way to twist as you will see the clips

Yes the centre / one on the right when standing in front should twist 1/4 and you will find the washer has bubbled

If you use a torch to shine down the side of the valve you will see which way to twist as you will see the clips
How do I get the thing out? I've tried turning every point I can & pulling but it just seems stuck in there. It only turns so far as you can see it's tight in there & I can't turn it anymore either way as the cistern stops it being able to.

The centre round one your turning ?

Reply to Toilet keeps running? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock