Discuss Toilet not flushing but not clogged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd need an air test kit
Is the soil pipe made of plastic or cast??

You're not a plumber.
To explain isn't going to assist the issue.
The best thing is to get a plumber in to check things out for you.
Carrying out the air test would mean plugging the soil pipe from an access to check there's no build up of pressure from the ground floor to the top of the SVP where it's aired to atmosphere.
If there was a build up of pressure !
This means it's blocked and not being vented to atmosphere properly.
Don't lets get complicated.
As surely it's something more simpler..

It sounds like vent or soil pipe under ground is blocked as mentioned above.
Can you cut the old pipe/vent to check ?
Other option could be to change the multiwick for type with vent/durko built-in

Well I wouldn't try to rod it from up there to see whether there's an obstruction caused from Where the upstairs loo were removed.
Is the soil stack made from cast iron??

Well I wouldn't try to rod it from up there to see whether there's an obstruction caused from Where the upstairs loo were removed.
Is the soil stack made from cast iron??
Yes it's cast iron .

OK I think I follow the air test process too so will try sort that tomorrow, weather permitting lol

If it's Cast iron then it's almost certainly blocked/obstructed (like arteries of the heart leading to a heart attack or full bowl in your case) with just enough space remaining for a slow trickle or hose to empty tru.
As the vent section is no longer used its clogging itself up deteriorating.

As Heliotrope has asked siphonic pan is a must to check it fits in with the dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet not flushing but not clogged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock