Discuss Toilet sear in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lisa Riding

Hello everyone

I am a new member who has not used forums before so please be patient with me. The problem i have is my mum has had a batgroom fitted and the toilet seat has become wobbly. The seat is one you can clip off leaving 2 spikes that stick up which have a screw in each one attaching them to the toilet. One of tge screws has threaded so it will not tighten. Tgeres no way of getting to the other side of tge screw without taking the whole toilet out Which seems crazy so please can someone let me know how to replace the screw and tighten the seat without wrecking the bathroom. Thank you

hi and welcome to the forums Lisa. is this a new bathroom or has it been done for a while? in the first instance I would contact the company who did the work or are they uncontactable?

Same here, if the bathroom was installed within the last twelve months, I'd contact the company who installed it as it will be under warranty. ( presuming they supplied the materials ).
Failing that, these things are normally designed to be replaced without removing the WC so a good experienced plumber should be able to sort it.

Hello Lisa,

Can you please reply using the quick reply box? I just nearly went and duffed up Steveb!

Lisa's response by reporting post for some reason:
It is a new bathroom that was installed in october last year the company went bankrupt. My mum has tried contacting the plumber who was paid seperately from the bankrupt supplier but she is not having much luck.

Pop in to a merchants and ask for a couple of top fixings , the plumbcenter used to sell some rubber ones which were superb , they now sell the plastic equivalent. But other merchants may sell the rubber ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet sear in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock