Discuss Toilet Seat Issue With New Fittings - Seat No Longer Flat in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have recently replaced my old toilet seat hinges (old ones originally fitted by whoever previously owned the house) as one had effectively broken/rusted and so could not be tightened or loosened (had to be forcibly removed). The toilet seat is a quick release fairly standard soft close toilet seat.

The issue I have is that I have replaced the hinges with some fairly standard ones I found online which state they are 'universal fitting' etc. The toilet seat does fit on these but the back now no longer rests on the toilet itself as the 'pins' from the new fitting appear to be slightly higher than the old ones (old was c23/24cm with groove at c1.5cm height, new is 28cm with groove at c2.2cm height).

From searching online for alternatives, so far all I have found is these taller fittings. Anyone know what the simplest solution is/where I could find a potential alternative fitting (to avoid changing the entire lid which is fine).

Thanks all

Lewis

For the small cost of a toilet seat I’d advise just replace the whole lid as appose to just buying hinges in the first place. Sorry if that sounds blunt but the hassle and time consumption of finding and buying hinges online it just isn’t worth it.

Reply to Toilet Seat Issue With New Fittings - Seat No Longer Flat in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock