Search the forum,

Discuss Look seat screws just spin, no access to underneath. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to change over a toilet seat but have come across an issue.

The screws holding the connection to the pan simply rotate, either left or right. Because of the pan design and location - I cannot access the back to see what's happening under the fitting.

Image0 - the underside, no access to under the fitting
image1 - the fitting connecting to the seat
Image2 - the fitting connecting to the pan.

I can get the fitting to loosen slightly (the seat shifts from side to side quite often). I had thought about a hacksaw blade under the fitting but this feels a bit final. I suspect I either a) live with the existing seat, b) cut off the fittings and see what I can do with what I find underneath c) new pan fitted that gives me access to avoid this in the future.

any tips, insight gratefully received.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 16
Try lifting the seat so there’s tension and then unscrew the screws

Reply to Look seat screws just spin, no access to underneath. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I tried to install a new toilet seat and I’m stuck in a process where I couldn’t loosen or tighten the screw. I also tried rotating the screw in both ways but that’s just a endless process and it wouldn’t come off. It’s a in wall built toilet so I could only stick my hand underneath a bit and...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or...
Replies
Views
From what I have read online, the ideal standard toilet seat does not have a release button, i am supposed to just pull the seat off to access the fixing to tighten screw to stop wobbling seat. Is that correct? When i pull it nothing happens
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation on/around the grout between the floor tiles next to my toilet. I realised that the grout line right next to the toilet was in fact wet to the touch...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock